What Is Botox and How Does It Work?
Botox is a neurotoxic protein that prevents the release of certain neurotransmitters, which causes a type of flaccid paralysis. While the botulinum toxin (a type of bacteria) is toxic, Botox treatments are non-toxic. The treatment is made of a protein produced by the bacteria – not the bacteria itself.
The application of Botox from a trained professional – like your Tampa dentist – can result in the softening of lines and wrinkles. This is accomplished by targeting specific facial muscles so they cannot complete the movements necessary to create lines and wrinkles. The Botox treatment is administered via an injection into the facial muscle, blocking the nerve signals to the muscles and preventing muscle contraction.
The result is an improved appearance and a more youthful-looking smile.
Benefits of Dental Botox Treatment in Tampa
The benefits of Botox from a trained Tampa dentist include:
- Reduced creases around the eyes
- Reduced wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Reduced wrinkles around the mouth
- Noticeable results within three to five days
- Results that last for up to six months
- Quick administration (approximately 15 minutes)
- Safe, effective
- Tolerable level of discomfort during application
- Tailored results
- Minimally invasive
- No downtime