Pros and Cons of At-Home Teeth Whitening Vs Dr. Nick's Whitening
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental service because it can easily improve the appearance of your smile. While there are several whitening products you can use at home, they often take a long time to show results.
Dr. Nick's Professional teeth whitening is performed in the office. We use a bleaching agent that will break up stains on your teeth and lighten the color of your enamel.
Pros & Cons At-Home Teeth Whitening
- At-home whitening kits are less expensive than in-office teeth whitening.
- The kit is easy to use.
- It can be worn while you sleep or as per the recommendation of the dentist.
- It has been proven effective.
- However, it's important to remember that at-home teeth whitening kits aren't as effective as in-office whitening.
- Another downside to at-home kits is that they take much longer to produce noticeable results.
- At-home kits only brighten the teeth a few shades.
- The trays and gels might be uncomfortable to wear
- Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits contain lower concentrations of whitening gel than professional teeth whitening systems.
- You should avoid whitening your teeth if you have sensitive teeth or gums, as they could experience increased sensitivity.
- Keep in mind that if you whiten your teeth at home, you could damage your soft tissue and gums.
Pros & Cons Dr. Nick's Teeth Whitening
- Professional teeth whitening is one of the fastest ways to get a dazzling smile.
- Patients can expect to see an average of eight shades lighter after undergoing Dr. Nick's whitening treatment.
- Since you are working with a professional, they can perform the process more quickly than you would at home.
- The teeth whitening process is simple and quick, often taking only 1-3 hours.
- We will be protecting your gums and soft tissue while we whiten your teeth.
- Visiting Dr. Nick for teeth whitening is very convenient, as the process is quick, simple, and non-invasive.
- Professional teeth whitening is often more expensive than at-home options.
- Teeth whitening treatments may cause tooth sensitivity, so it's important for your dentist to check your teeth and gums beforehand to ensure that you don't experience any discomfort.