Night guards help prevent damage to the chewing surfaces of teeth, often caused by the grinding and clenching of the jaw muscles. By creating an acrylic model of your teeth, we can help protect your teeth from unnecessary wear. This is a highly recommended treatment, especially for patients with TMJ dysfunction.
Why Are the Effects of Bruxism That Night Guards Can Prevent?
While most people are not even aware of grinding their teeth while they are asleep, bruxism can lead to health problems like:
- Over time, grinding and clenching can damage the structure of your teeth.
- The action of grinding your teeth forcefully causes your teeth to wear down.
- Bruxism can also cause severe headaches and pain in the jaw, neck, and face.
- Teeth clenching can lead to the development of temporomandibular joint disorders.
- Teeth grinding can cause chipped or broken teeth.